Looking back on the performance evening I’d say we got the results we were after. Even without the digital manipulation and live editing, we managed to produce a sound scape that developed as the piece progressed.
It was good to finally hear the sound of them performing in the environment the group had been picturing for the last week, we had doubts that the performance would sound developed, and only come across to the audience as a bunch clangy rumbling noises.
I think the plans we put in place really did help the show. If they were all played simultaneously I’m certain the audience would have been left rather confused as to what they were trying to hear amongst the barrage of noises.
Overall I’d say we presented a well established piece, and managed to maintain the rustic raw sound and sculpt it into the dark rich sound scape we’d planned.